Making Life Better For Everyone
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job and enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good quality of life:
Health – Encouraging healthy living and improving wellbeing
Education – Helping children, youth and adults achieve their potential
Financial Stability – Promoting income stability and self-sufficiency
Basic Needs – Providing help with fundamental human needs like food and shelter
“Making Life Better for Everyone” is less about helping one person at a time, and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, when people are healthy.
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of community problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in our communities working together to create a brighter future.
• Tell your friends and colleagues how your investment of time and/or dollars is helping River Region United Way make an impact in the community
• Forward United Way e-mail communications to colleagues and friends
• Share videos from our website or YouTube channel
• Get a LIVE UNITED t-shirt and wear it when you’re out and about
• Tell others how you LIVE UNITED!